Systems Software Engineer, Container Platforms
We are a technology consulting firm focused on driving innovation and digital transformation solutions to help our customers win. We do so by specializing in the following core technical domains: Cloud-Native Application Development, Infrastructure Automation, Continuous Delivery and Containers.
We believe in pushing the envelope and setting the bar high. That’s one of the main reasons our customers love working with us. There are many factors that go into building and delivering superior technical solutions, but the most important factor is having top notch people. If you love technology and want to solve problems by using latest technologies in the cloud-native and automation domains, and then keep reading because you could be a great fit.
You will be part of our containers practice and will be primarily working on building enterprise cloud-native solutions that involve Kubernetes, Docker and the surrounding K8s ecosystem.
Required Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience working as an systems automation engineer with strong Linux experience.
- Solid understanding of automation principles and programming experience using frameworks such as Python/Ruby/Java/Go.
- Past experience working with Kubernetes or similar container orchestration platforms.
- 5+ years of experience working with AWS/Azure/Google cloud platforms.
- Strong understanding of Security, Monitoring and Performance aspects of cloud-native platforms and application architectures.
- Proven track record delivering high quality solutions that will enable the users of the platform (developers, testers and other programmers in an organization) to become super productive.
- Ability to multi-task; working on multiple project teams and wearing multiple hats is very common
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
Other important skill sets:
- Passionate about technology and its use to power business success
- Leader with intellectual curiosity and a strong go-getter attitude
- Great communicator and problem solver. Unconventional solutions and box-busting thinking should not deter you
- Able to see gaps and areas of improvement in process as well as technologies, providing recommendations and taking the initiative to fix issues are qualities we love to see in our teams
- Quick learner and able to adapt to new technologies and teams quickly
- People person who can interact well in both group and one-to-one settings
- As importantly, you should have a sense of humor and bring fun and intelligence into the organization
- Drive: Passion and energy to implement quality technical solutions. Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity
- Commitment to Quality: Passion to conceive and produce world-class solutions that drive real-world value for the customer
- Customer Focus: Consultative approach to solving problems for customers. Expectations management.
- Communication: Superior communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate problems, solutions, risks, rewards etc. (written and verbal)
- Technical Skills: Love for technology. You have to be inherently passionate about technology.
- Business Acumen: Technology ultimately is used to enable the business. We look for people who understand how the businesses can be enabled through their technical solutions
What we offer:
- Ability to make a noticeable difference for the organization and our customers
- Tremendous growth opportunity by becoming part of a rapidly growing organization. It’s not your tenure but what you can bring to the table that defines how your career will be shaped. You control your growth.
- Complex but interesting challenges to improve the depth and breadth of your technical and business skills. Our consultants are business technologists and understand how technology drives business.
- Competitive pay and benefits
Work authorization requirement: US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Steel Thread Software is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law. Steel Thread Software complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled employees.