Senior Configuration Management Specialist
Senior Configuration Management Specialist is a high energy, flexible person looking to make a difference in the way software is developed and delivered.
- Responsible for effectively tracking, logging, categorizing, and maintaining changes made against the baseline(s) standards.
- Ensures that during the change process only approved validated changes are deployed to production and recommend and implement configuration management process improvements.
- Knowledge of the services management methodology and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework and the ability to implement these into practice
- Ability to recommend configuration management process improvements and policies related to continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Provide configuration management support to include configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting and configuration audits on a daily basis.
- Formulate CM policies and procedures; and research, analyze and resolve CM tool and system-related problems.
- Familiarity with CM tools such as Git, Subversion, Nexus, Jenkins, Sonar, and Puppet.
- Perform Physical Configuration Audits (PCA) on software releases and associated tools.
- Responsible for maintaining higher environment baseline integrity (Test, UAT, PRD, etc.)
- Enforce governance over higher-environments, including deployment timing, change control procedures, data management, environment access, etc.
- Hands-on experience with application level support, code migration or deployment activities
- Solid understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts, processes and methodologies, including Agile, Waterfall and hybrid variants
- Create/maintain release plans adhering to change control policies
- Collaborating with team members, leadership and key stakeholders to coordinate software releases, patches and other ad-hoc requests into Test and other higher environments
- Capable of facilitating and managing stakeholders in key decision making meetings
- Manage program and management expectations by communicating status, accomplishments and risks regularly and/or as needed.
- Ensuring deployments and decision making meetings are executed on schedule
- Proactively identify and drive implementation of new and updated build, release and deployment process improvements
- Organize, prepare and run meetings to educate and train teams on process improvements
- Confirming that any needed security configuration and mandatory settings are in place
- Able to function in leadership role and represent the company as a key customer contact
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and adapt to a dynamic and exciting work environment
- Perform work with minimal direction, is detail oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Desired Experience of the Release and Configuration Manager:
- Understand how to automate builds as part of continuous integration environment
- Understand the need for and how to incorporate automated unit and functional testing
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing a cross-platform CM framework
- 5+ years experience with forming and/or running Configuration/Change Control Board (CCB)
- 5+ years experience with configuration, integration, administration and operational support of IBM Rational and related tools (i.e. RTC, RQM, RDNG, urban code, etc.)
- 5+ years experience with administration, configuration, administration and operational of other Release, CM repository, Defect solutions, i.e Subversion, Git, Clearcase, HP ALM, etc.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Four year College or University Degree (or 8+ years equivalent experience)
- Strong experience with Configuration Management Databases (CMDB)
- Experience with SCM tools such as Git, and Subversion
- Build and Deployment Automation tools such as Jenkins/Hudson, Puppet. Chef, Ansible, Salt.
- Programming/Development experience preferred
- Experience with Agile development and deployment methodologies.
- A related Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of professional experience in an information technology, information management, or a related field.