Software Engineer, Cloud-Native Application Development
- Responsible for assessing traditional enterprise application design and implementation and understanding application’s readiness for cloud-native transformation.
- Helping refactor and migrate traditional applications into container workloads and microservices as applicable.
- Implement efficiencies for dev tools and aligning with cloud-native paradigms to drive CI/CD and Continuous Delivery.
- Building reference architectures and prototyping reference implementations using microservices, containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Mentor other software development teams to transform their apps and services into microservices, containers and cloud-native architectures.
- 5 years of software development experience with strong java/jee/spring development frameworks.
- Demonstrated implementation of microservices, container and cloud-native application development. Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift and related container platform ecosystems.
- Strong understanding and experience of release engineering and continuous delivery process.
- Strong understanding of static code analysis, unit testing and test driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks. Experience using Jenkins, SonarQube, GIT, Maven, Gradle.
- Strong understanding of principles of DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with two or more application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat, Weblogic or Websphere
- Strong Agile experience working in Scrum and/or Kanban models.
- Solid understanding of Amazon AWS cloud; AWS certification is a plus.
- Experience with two or more database technologies such as Oracle, MySQL or Postgres, MongoDB.
- Experience working in a DevOps-focused environment previously with advanced understanding of DevOps principles as a big plus.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality and consistent systems and environments for development teams.
- Ability to multi-task; working on multiple project teams and wearing multiple hats is common.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Drive: Passion and energy to implement quality technical solutions. Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity
- Commitment to Quality: Passion to conceive and produce world-class solutions that drive real-world value for the customer
- Customer Focus: Consultative approach to solving problems for customers. Expectations management.
- Communication: Superior communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate problems, solutions, risks, rewards etc. (written and verbal)
- Technical Skills: Love for technology. You have to be inherently passionate about technology.
- Business Acumen: Technology ultimately is used to enable the business. We look for people who understand how the businesses can be enabled through their technical solutions
What we offer:
- Ability to make a noticeable difference for the organization and our customers
- Tremendous growth opportunity by becoming part of a rapidly growing organization. It’s not your tenure but what you can bring to the table that defines how your career will be shaped. You control your growth.
- Complex but interesting challenges to improve the depth and breadth of your technical and business skills. Our consultants are business technologists and understand how technology drives business.
- Competitive pay and benefits
Work authorization requirement: US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Steel Thread Software is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law. Steel Thread Software complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled employees.